11 July, 2009

There is something in my spirit that has loved the places books are able to take me. This love was instilled as soon as I taught myself how to read and it has never left. I've never found a book that could get the best of me, I eventually finish everything. In some cases, I simply never put the book down and read until it is finished.

Needless to say, the summer I was 16 I drove three places, to work, home from work and to the library. I have this system, wander down an aisle and pick up books with interesting artwork/titles and read the back. If the summary seemed to be something that remotely interested me, I would read it. I have read many random books that way!

One book I picked up was called "Summer Promise". It was the first book in a series about a girl who was 15. Her name was Christy Miller and she lived this way cool life in California with friends who loved God. It took me a bit(maybe a month) to track down all the books but I did it and read her entire love story with God and the man who he made for her (the series ends with her graduating college and getting married). The author saw fit to pen books for two other important characters in Christy's life. Sierra and Katie. I have been reading the Katie series for the last three years (one book every summer) and love how this fictional character goes through some of the same struggles I go through. Anyway, this last book is called Coming Attractions. It hints at the things God has planned for our lives as coming attractions and that we are to wait on him until they arrive. At one point in the book, Katie writes herself this reminder of God's plan:
Dear Katie, I have it all figured out. Keep trusting me and stay tuned for coming attractions. Don't forget: You too are a victim of my grace.
Love, God

The grace-victim thing will be another post for another day :)

With all the thinking about my future, graduation and what I will do after, it is hard to remember that God knows. When I ask for his guidance he will be there in the still small whisper as long as I am still and waiting for his answer.

Wow, this post turned out to be longer than I expected but I wanted to leave you with this verse

Point out the road I must travel;
I'm all ears, all eyes before you.


Teach me how to live to please you,
because you're my God.
Psalm 143:8, 10

2 comments:

  1. I read the whole Christy Miller series in a summer...three times! Man, did I love it! I was in Hawaii at the time, so it was even more special to me!

    Memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I really appreciate it. I feel much the same way you do about post-graduation. I pray every night for God to guide me and show me what to do and where to go.

    ReplyDelete