27 December, 2008

you make me touch your hand for stupid reasons

Sometimes, I wish I were brave enough to face the truth. Whatever it was.
I wish my imagination was active enough to blot out the truth

I wish I were that girl, the brave one who was sure of herself and knew who she was and where she stood. Who was comfortable in her own skin.

Instead I am a coward who cannot stand to look at herself in the mirror. Who cannot stand up for herself doesn't know enough to support her beliefs.

I wish for alot of things, truth..and maybe that today didn't happen the way it did. Because if it did, Im even more mixed up than I was before.

1 comment:

  1. But Courtney, you do not blot out the truth, and that is good. To do so would be an ugly thing, and harmful.

    I don't know what you are talking about, specifically, but I wish I did. If you need to talk, and maybe have a sounding board for some of these questions, let me know. I can call you on Skype, if you like.

    I am even in London, which might bring some good memories to you. Whatever the case, I hope that you are feeling less mixed up.

    ReplyDelete