22 November, 2008

Today I am thankful for

Detours.
I was 35 miles from home and had to pee. But the highway was closed. CLOSED! What jerks would close an entire stretch of highway for 20 miles on a Saturday? Anyway, I was forced to take a detour. The most beautiful drive of my life happened because of it! A tiny road lined with trees of every fall color you could imagine. There were a few houses (and a Country Club) but I never saw another living soul. It was almost surreal that a curvy, fall-tree quiet road existed like that in Louisiana but it did.
Technically Im thankful for God creating such lasting beauty. Something that changes with the seasons but with the change comes something amazing every time. No matter what.

Thank you God for trees that blossom in the spring, provide shade in the summer, change color in the fall and provide a place for icy wonderlands in winter. Thank you for flowers and grass and bushes, thank you for the sky, the sun the moon, the stars. Thank you especially for the sunsets you make everyday. I think you must know that they are my favorite. Thank you for nature and for letting us enjoy it!

1 comment: